Vibhagyia Pranayama or Sectional Deep Breathing
Vibhagyia Pranayama or also called Sectional Deep Breathing in English is a very useful type of pranayama. It is helpful to use this exercise before you start deep breathing. And why is good to use some kind of breathing before you start to breathe deeply? Well, in daily life we usually forgot to breathe deeply and relaxed. Our lungs are making smaller capacity. And this pranayama is making our lungs bigger. It is training our lungs to expand. So how does it work?
For each sub kind of this exercise sit in straight and erect position does not need to be in lotos but it has to be proper sitting.
- Particularly also known as Diaphragmatic Breathing.
- Inhale slowly. Your stomach moves up, but not your chest
- You should feel a little pressure of your diaphragm
- The same is for exhaling. Your stomach should move, but not the chest.Wait a moment after exhalation
- Wait a moment after exhalation
- And continue with next cycle of inhalation/exhalationRepeat about 20 times
- Repeat about 20 times
Middle Chest Breathing
In this breathing, we will consciously expand the chest and also ribcage. Before you start, let your chest be free.Move your hands together intercross your fingers and put your hand somewhere behind your neck or on top of your head.
- Move your hands together intercross your fingers and put your hand somewhere behind your neck.
- When you inhale, your elbows are apart
- When you exhale, your put your elbows together
- It is good to use your hands for this breathing. You do not need to make so big concentration for the particular part of your chest
- And of course, your breath is steel deep
- Continue for about 20 times
Upper chest breathing
- We also use our hands – move them together, intercross your finger and put them on your hand
- When you inhale, just move your hands up
- When you exhale, move them back
- Let your breath be deep
- Continue with 15-20 deep inhales/exhales
Sectional Deep Breathing is good as a preparation for deep breathing, but also for another kind of pranayama exercise. And do not forget to practice on a daily basis.