Ujjayi – Energize yourself
Have you ever felt energized and relaxed in one? Ujjayi breathing – sometimes also called “The Ocean breath” – will let you feel this way. In this exercise, the breath is deep and also smooth. The sound of ocean helps you to make the breath smooth. I mean it is really important to make this sound. You will control the process of your exhalation. Let see how it is done step by step.
- Make comfortable, but proper position
- Shut your mouth, seal your lips gently
- Take a deep breath starting the lower belly
- Rise to the lower rib cage
- Finish your inhalation in upper chest
- Now let your mouth shut, but open the throat
- Now exhale and create the resistance to the passage of the air (this make the sound)
- That’s it now repeat several times
Notes to this pranayama technique
- When you make steps 3-5 your inhalation should be smooth.
- I am not really a fan of the yoga position. But you should have the proper position. The proper position is described here.
It is good for you if you see how it is done. And also to hear the sound of the ocean. This guy made really great job when he created the video:
I am still surprised how fast the results are when I do breathing exercise. This one was not the exception. First time I made this exercise, I made it just twice and then finished. After half a minute my mood changed. Suddenly I was calmed, not nervous. And this is also a recommendation for you. Do not try to find the miracles. It is really easy. Just try and wait for the result. It will come.