Systema push-ups – be relaxed all the time
The innovative approach of Systema and the fact that its movements are mainly based on your instinctive reactions makes it easier and simpler to learn. It offers numerous health benefits and contributes to improving your quality of life. Among countless health benefits of breathing exercise Systema, some major ones are mentioned below:
- It prevents the physical injuries and helps to restore the painful parts of the body.
- The challenging, smart and safe breathing exercises aim to prepare your body and mind. It keeps the body relaxed and enhances your stamina.
- Systema further helps to improve your fitness level.
- Incorporating Systema into exercises brings out fruitful results by keeping the mind and body relaxed.
- It results in faster and efficient mental and physical reactions and makes the body less prone to injuries. Additionally, it doesn’t let you get tired easily and keep you active.
If you want to learn how to integrate breathing exercise Systema into your workouts, here it is. I am going to tell you the proper method of using Systema breathing during the push-ups. Usually, people accumulate tension in the body during the push-ups. With Systema breathing, you would be able to get rid of all body tension and it will keep your body and mind completely relaxed.
The right way to breath is very important. All your movements are driven by your breath. The basic principle of managing your breath during the push-ups is inhaling in through the nose and exhaling through the mouth.
How to do Push-ups?
You can try out different variations but following principles should be followed in all of them.
- Keep the top line of your body straight and don’t sag up the middle part of the body.
- Keep the head straight and don’t lower it.
- The knees should not sag, keep them straight.
- Lift your body upwards with your hands either by flat pals or by fists.
- The position of your feet can vary. You can keep them crossed at the ankles or keep them together.
Step by step guide
- Straight out your arms, a shoulder width apart from each other and hold your body in plank position.
- Lower your body evenly until your chest is just an inch above the ground.
- Raise up your whole body as a single unit, uniformly and evenly, driven by your breadth.
- Keep your whole body relaxed during these movements.
How to breathe during Push-ups
- Start with exhaling the residual breath from your body in the raised position.
- When you lower down the body, inhale through the nose.
- At the bottom, just pause for a while.
- Exhale through the mouth when you rise up the body.
During exercise remember the principle of leading and always start your breathing action ahead of your body movements.
There are also variations of push-ups. Mostly in the frequency of breathing. What do I mean? In the first “how to breath…” is the first frequency. Other possibilities are:
- Lower – inhale, higher – exhale.
- Vice versa (when you lower – exhale, when you higher – inhale).
- One and a half push-up inhale, one and a half pushup exhale.
- Two push-ups inhale, two push-ups exhale.
When you include these variations in your exercise, you will discover that your breathing can work independently to your movement. Which is different to traditional pushups.
Systema push-ups in video
Sometimes it is hard to imagine how to do the push-ups correctly. Here are some videos from youtube. Very well described and also showed.
Systema push-ups Part1