Heat yourself – breathing exercise
If I say sometimes we can achieve the miracles by breathing, it is more apparent with this breathing exercise. You do some exhale/inhales and you improve your temperature; most importantly in cold weather. Maybe you have read about Tibet monks who improved their temperature about 62.6 °F. You can now be like them. 🙂 No, actually not. But you can improve your temperature also.
This exercise is called Kapalabhati Breath and it is from yoga.
Description of exercise:
- Sit down comfortable enough, but maintain proper position. I mean – be straight and relaxed. This is really important. This secure the breath will flow through your body smoothly, without any obstacles.
- Visualize your skull filling with a bright light.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose and out through your mouth
- Inhale a deep breath through your nose. Not to the maximum. Just about 80% of the capacity of your belly. The belly is actually the target of your inhaled air in this exercise.
- Forcefully expel all the air from your lungs pulling your belly in and up.
- Let your lungs fill up naturally. Do not try to make any effort.
- Do this cycle 10-20 times. Remember, these two points are in quick speed.
- Allow your breathing to return to normal. Scan your body and notice what is changing.
- Repeat for 3-4 times.
For a better understanding how to breathe properly, you can find some videos on YouTube. I like this the most: Kapalabhati Breathing
You should avoid this breathing exercise if you are, or have:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
You should practice with caution if you have a respiratory condition, such asthma or emphysema.