The funniest pranayama breathing? Humming Bee Breathing
Are breathing exercises boring for you? There is a way to avoid this. Do you see the first picture on this site? It is black Indian bee called Bhramar. For the first time, it is really funny to make the sound like this bee is making. And this sound is part of the exercise described in this article. Although this breathing exercise can look like one of many other. In fact, it has real power. I mean, the sound you will create is vibrating you in a particular way. You multiply the effect of calming.
Benefits of Bhramari pranayama
- Decreases the blood pressure
- Decreases the pulse rate
- Calms the mind
- In some cases, you can fall into alpha waves
- And also you can feel sleepy
- Bhramari pranayama is also good to use for weight reduction
Usage of this exercise is when you want to calm in the evening after all day in stress if you are angry, frustrated, or anxiety.
How to make Bhramari
- Sit in comfortable position
- Close your eyes
- Put your finger (some say, it should be the index, some of them say, thumb. I do not think it is important) onto your ears. Do not press much, just slightly
- Take a deep breath
- During exhalation start to make the loud sound of the bee (see the video to learn the sound)
- Repeat the inhalation and exhalation till you feel calm (usually up to 5 min.)
This exercise is safe. But the best way is to do it on an empty stomach.
Bhramari pranayama is really effective breathing exercise. Thanks to both, deep breathing and calming sound, the effect is fast. You can use it to prevent your nerves and/or to calm you down when you are angry, or frustrated. One little not well-known fact about this exercise is, that you can decrease the weight. The scientific prove about weight losing is here.