Cooling Yourself 2 or Seetkari Pranayama
Very important in hot days. You are really hot. You are sweating like a pig. There is no air condition available. You heard something about Sheetali. You know you can cool yourself with this kind of breathing. But you have a problem to create the tube with your lung. I did not know about it before, but when my wife told me she does not know how to make this little tube I realized that it can be really hard for someone. Fortunately Yoga knows about it. We have an alternative to Sheetali. It is called Sheetkali and here is how it works.
Benefits of Seetkari
Benefits of Seetkari are similar to Sheetali. It is:
- Cools down the body temperature. You can use it when you have a fever, or just it is a hot day
- If you have injury in your mouth, it is beneficial to use this exercise
- This exercise also keeps your mouth in good health. It helps to cure diseases like Halitosis and Pyorrhoea
- Refreshes the body
- Controls negative emotions like anger and anguish
How to Provide Seetkari
- Sit in the comfortable and proper position
- Open your lips and bring the teeth together
- Take a long and deep breath. During this breathe the air is flowing around your tongue.
- When your lungs are full, close your lips and hold the breath for a while
- Exhale whit your nose
- Make about 7-10 rounds at a minimum. Seetkari exercise can be done for 20 minutes fearlessly.
Avoid this exercise if
- You have a cold, cough, asthma, tuberculosis, breathing problem, lung disorder, arthritis or other breathing problems
- You have heart problems or low blood pressure
- In cold weather
This exercise is safe to use. Except the contraindications described earlier of course. Do it daily.